L6b

Tutorial:
 10                Haruna
10.15          Mizuki
10.30          Yuta
11                Takuma
11.30          Cesar
11.45          Manal
12                Nikolas
12.15          Farah
12.30          Imam

When I got to Uni...            a. the class started
Past simple – finished actions in the past – going forward
I went to the shop, I bought a dress, then I went home”
Sequence > then > next > after>
(1st, 2nd, 3rd)

b. the class was starting
Past continuous – actions in progress in the past.
a. 1 short action interrupts another action
b. 2 long actions in progress at the same time
while, when

c. the class had started.
Past perfect – for past finished actions looking BACK
You need 2 points in the past
By the time I got to uni, the class had started
By = before
(when...)

No comments:

Post a Comment